Lincoln Park, NJ
Our Lincoln Park, NJ engineering team is always seeking exceptional talent, at all professional levels, to support our continued success and growth.
The position of the Communications Technician will establish communication systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications equipment. The Communications Technician will assist RF Engineers and Specialists complete projects by performing basic hands-on functions. A successful incumbent will be able to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with the job while maintaining professional relations with clients to ascertain data needed to complete projects. The goal of the Communications Technician is to focus on the interaction between communication methods, devices and systems as well as the design, installation and maintenance of these systems including their repair and testing.
- Plans installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunication equipment; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies service by testing equipment and cables; identify, correct or escalate issues.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports internal Engineering and Sales Team, as well as external customers and contractors.
Mandatory qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of communication systems technologies.
- Knowledge of various RF test equipment.
- Knowledge of data networks, cables, pulling, terminating and splicing.
- Strong technical skills.
- Knowledge of basic Network IP programming.
- Attention to detail.
- Documentation skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written (English) communication skills.
- Reliable work ethic.
- Valid Drivers’ License and acceptable driving record.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent vocational training or certification.
- 3+ years Telecommunication experience.
- Experience with RF technologies.
- Knowledge of construction industry codes and standards.
PierCon Solutions is a solid, tenured, and proven wireless consulting and engineering firm based in Lincoln Park, New Jersey. PierCon is a recognized leader in the wireless designs of in-building coverage, Broadband, WiMAX/LTE, Microwave, Cellular, Public Safety, Interoperability, PCS, iDEN (ESMR), In-Building First Responder and In-Building cellular and WiFi, and interference mitigation. In addition, PierCon is a leader in the implementation of these designs, program management, construction management, and expert zoning testimony. Our credentialed staff of experts has been involved in the design and successful implementation of some of the country’s most significant wireless systems.
PierCon Solutions provides its’ team of engineers, consultants, executives and support staff with an exceptionally rich benefits package including health, life, LTD, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, paid time off, cell phone reimbursement and much more.