XTS5000 Digital Portable Two-Way Radio
Type: Discontinued Radios
Brand: Motorola Solutions
The XTS5000 portable radio is no longer manufactured, however accessories and replacement parts may be available. Please contact your Motorola representative for additional information.
The XTS 5000 is the toughest and most advanced interoperable digital portable radio Motorola makes. It assures high-quality communication through a robust design that stands up to the most demanding environments.
Enhanced spectrum utilization and seamless integration deliver a clear, crisp signal, even in congested urban areas or dispersed rural regions. The radio is IP-enabled, offering a full array of sophisticated features and progressive technology.
Advanced Emergency Capability
- Keeps emergency calls viable, even when unit is switched off.
- Allows emergency communication without depressing the PTT button.
Delivers a clear signal via noise reduction software
Interoperable Voice Signaling
Complies with APCO P25 standards
Audible Channel Announcement
Uses a prerecorded voice file to describe channels or talk groups as the user navigates
POP25 Access Functionality
Allows subscriber to access and update radio configuration over the air
Meets military specs 810 C, 810 D, 810 E and 810 F, for resistance to shocks and extreme weather
Hardware and Software Encryption
Prevents scanners, unwanted listeners and other interference
Built-In FLASHport support
Allows users customize with new software
Customer Programming Software
Supports USB and RS-232 functionalities
Three Hardware Models Offer Choice of Display
- Model I: Basic, with no display
- Model II: Large bitmap display and navigation buttons
- Model III: Large bitmap display and full keypad
Ensures operability in adverse conditions — even after submerged in water.
- Over the Air Programming (OTAP)
- Over the Air Rekeying (OTAR)
- Customer Programming Software (CPS)
- Integrated voice and data
- 16-48 and 1000 channel models
- Text messaging capable
- Conventional, SmartZone trunking, SMARTNET trunking