Ft. Myers, FL
Field Service Technician will be part of a field network installation team which implements mission critical digital mobile communication systems for government and public safety communication customers. Technician will install, troubleshoot and terminate Cat6 risers and shielded cables, create cabling pathways for MDF to IDF closets, install roof mounts and wireless radios, calibrate radios as well as install MDF and IDF closets, server racks, and organize cabling. Must be able to work at multiple locations and pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Install, terminate, and troubleshoot CAT6 riser and shielded cables on patch panels and RJ-45 modular plugs.
- Route cabling in many different building types through the existing riser closets. Create new pathways for cabling to route from MDF to IDF closets and to the rooftop of buildings by coring and using EMT conduit, sleeves, and PVC.
- Install various roof mount types and wireless radios on each building.
- Calibrate wireless radios with other team members to create a connection from one building to another.
- Install server racks and equipment in the MDF and IDF closets. Organize cabling using D-rings, O-rings, clamps, cable organizers, etc.
- 2-7 years relevant structured cabling experience
- Minimum 1 year experience of low voltage wiring
- Experience working with CAT6/6 terminations, including use of RJ-45 crimper, punch down tool, cable tester, keystone jacks, modular plugs, patch panels and power tools
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Microsoft, Netware, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Mac, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift heavy and large objects, climb ladders and work on tall buildings
- Possess characteristics of high ethical standards and strong work ethic
PierCon Solutions is a solid, tenured, and proven wireless consulting and engineering firm based in Lincoln Park, New Jersey. PierCon is a recognized leader in the wireless designs of in-building coverage, Broadband, WiMAX/LTE, Microwave, Cellular, Public Safety, Interoperability, PCS, iDEN (ESMR), In-Building First Responder and In-Building cellular and WiFi, and interference mitigation. In addition, PierCon is a leader in the implementation of these designs, program management, construction management, and expert zoning testimony. Our credentialed staff of experts has been involved in the design and successful implementation of some of the country’s most significant wireless systems.
PierCon Solutions provides its’ team of engineers, consultants, executives and support staff with an exceptionally rich benefits package including health, life, LTD, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, paid time-off, cell phone reimbursement and much more.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $12.00 – $25.00 per hour
- installation of wireless radios: 2 years (Required)
- structured cabling: 2 years (Required)
- installation of roof mounts: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Fort Myers, FL 33912 (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 50% (Required)
- 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift