Linthicum Heights, MD
The Systems Engineer will create detailed system drawings as well as test plans for wireless communication systems at U.S. Government facilities. Engineer must pass an F.B.I. Criminal Justice Information Services background check; must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Design detailed wireless communication system drawings (Block diagrams, Floor Plans, Antennas system diagrams, Rack diagrams, etc.) using Visio, Power Point, or AutoCAD
- Create Link Budgets
- Perform frequency analysis (i.e., Inter mod, PIM, PIP, VHF, UHF, 7/800MHz, etc.).
- Placement of antennas (Omni, Panel, Yagi, Dipole, etc.).
- Perform IP networking for systems and wireless communications (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, Subnets, etc.)
- Write survey reports, design proposals and system test plans, evaluate space requirements for rack equipment, antenna locations and cable runs.
- Present design information to customers and project stakeholders
- Must have BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Wireless Engineering, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Computer/Management Information Systems
- 3-7 years’ experience in wireless system design (LMR & cellular), deployment, and testing.
- Experience in writing survey reports, design proposals, and system test plans.
- Must be comfortable and confident in presenting system design information to customers and other project stakeholders
- Must have experience performing site surveys to evaluate space requirements for rack equipment, antenna locations, and cable runs.
- Must have experience building detailed equipment lists to support proposed design.
- Subscriber (radio code-plug) programming is a Plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point, etc.
- Proficiency with Google applications: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, etc.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and pass an FBI CJIS background check
- Ability to travel 50% of time.
PierCon Solutions is a solid, tenured, and proven wireless consulting and engineering firm based in Lincoln Park, New Jersey. PierCon is a recognized leader in the wireless designs of in-building coverage, Broadband, WiMAX/LTE, Microwave, Cellular, Public Safety, Interoperability, PCS, iDEN (ESMR), In-Building First Responder and In-Building cellular and WiFi, and interference mitigation. In addition, PierCon is a leader in the implementation of these designs, program management, construction management, and expert zoning testimony. Our credentialed staff of experts has been involved in the design and successful implementation of some of the country’s most significant wireless systems. PierCon Solutions provides its’ team of engineers, consultants, executives and support staff with an exceptionally rich benefits package including health, life, LTD, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, paid time-off, cell phone reimbursement and much more.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $41.00 – $50.00 per hour
- communication system deployment: 3 years (Required)
- antenna deployment: 3 years (Required)
- wireless/networking design: 3 years (Required)
- commercial cellular: 3 years (Preferred)
- Land Mobile Radio: 3 years (Preferred)
- performing site surveys: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19